barracuda has key findings from a report entitled “The State of Application security in 2021 ‘. On behalf of the cloud security firm, 750 application security decision makers responsible for their company’s application development and security were interviewed to determine their prospects for data breaches. Top security vulnerabilities in applicationsand the key product features required to prevent multi-vector application attacks.
The results show that more needs to be done to protect against application security threats, especially newer threats like bot attacks, API attacks, and supply chain attacks. The highlights of the report include:
* On average, interviewed organizations in India have been successfully injured twice in the past 12 months Application vulnerability.
* 27% of respondents say their organization has suffered at least one application vulnerability breach.
* 38% say their organization suffered two security breaches due to an application vulnerability.
* 16% were injured three times due to application vulnerabilities.
* The range of application security challenges organizations face extends beyond the difficulty of securing multiple attack vectors.
* Respondents in India identified their biggest application security challenges as attacks on the software supply chain (59%), security slowdown in application development (48%), buggy bots (45%), securing APIs (44%) and detecting Vulnerabilities (38%)).
* In India, web application vulnerabilities / zero-day vulnerabilities are most likely to contribute to successful security breaches caused by application vulnerabilities in the past 12 months.
* 52% of respondents said the Web Application / Zero-Day Vulnerability contributed to a successful security breach that exploited corporate application vulnerabilities over the past 12 months.